Ishida offers a range of high performance multihead weighers, which can be configured for either multi-mix or multi-outlet applications.
The critical factor is to dedicate sufficient heads per mix or outlet section to ensure a sufficiently high combination of stable hoppers can weigh and combine up to a maximum of eight different products.
Mix weighing is used when several different products will be in a final pack. A single weigher from Ishida can mix-weigh up to a maximum of eight different products.
Multiple outlet weighing is used, for example, with a single product feeding into multiple distribution lanes (saving space and in-feed complexity when compared to using multiple weighers).
- Mix weighing benefits for customers:
- Increase value of the end product (by controlling the percentage of product in the pack)
- Meet legal requirements (to be able to state the percentage of product on the pack/bag)
- Maximise profits by minimising giveaway particularly on the most expensive products
- Increase speed and efficiency
- Reduce factory production space